Hurricane Florence didn't kill our last attempt at a Mario Kart tourney, but we wanted to give you another chance in case you couldn't make it. We learned some things from the first time around, so we're changing things up a bit:
- Registration is from 3pm - 4pm. Entry fee is $5. You can register ahead online at https://www.thirstynomadbrewing.com/shop/mario-kart-tourney-ticket-9-15 If you aren't registered, then you won't be included in the tournament. If you didn't make it on 9/15 and you pre-registered, your registration is still good.
- Races start at 4:30p. If you're not on premises when your name is called, you take a loss.
- Tournament is double elimination. Brackets will be determined on the day of.
- All races will be VS/Match mode on tracks to be chosen by tournament organizers and announced the day of the tournament.
- Controllers will be provided. You are allowed to bring your own.
- If your name is called for your match and you are not present, you will take a loss for that match.
- We expect fair gameplay. Any normal gameplay is allowed, including shortcuts. If anyone attempts to use glitches they will be disqualified from the tournament entirely.
- Each player may choose whatever combination of character and vehicle that they wish. You may switch between races as well. It's first come first served when choosing characters.
- All races will be run in VS mode.
- Tournament organizers have the final say in all decisions.
- The final round will be on Super Mario Kart on SNES
- Match Race
- Semifinal will be in Super Mario Kart 64 on N64
- VS mode
- Quarterfinal round will be in Mario Kart Double Dash on GameCube.
- VS mode
- Any earlier rounds will be Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on Switch.
- VS mode
- No Computer
- All Items
- No auto steer
Cash prize will be awarded for 1st and 2nd place.
Players of all ages are welcome - just recognize that this is an environment where alcohol is served and we don't tolerate excessive smack talk. Basically: be cool and have some fun playing games.