It's time again to face all comers and prove your dominance in the supreme kart racer of all time: Mario Kart!
Registration and qualifying starts at 1pm. Final races start at 6pm.
Entry fee is $5. Prizes will be awarded for first and second places. Pre-register: https://www.thirstynomadbrewing.com/shop/mario-kart-tourney-ticket-9-15
- Controllers will be provided. You are allowed to bring your own.
- If your name is called for your match and you are not present, you will be disqualified from that match.
- We expect fair gameplay. Any normal gameplay is allowed, including shortcuts. If anyone attempts to use glitches they will be disqualified from the tournament entirely.
- Each player may choose whatever combination of character and cart/bike that they wish. You may switch between races as well. It's first come first served when choosing characters.
- All races will be run in VS mode.
- Tournament organizers have the final say in all decisions.
- Qualifying races will be held on Mario Kart: Double Dash (bring them blue sparks) and Mario Kart 64 in Time Trial mode.
- All races will be 150cc class on a Mushroom or Flower Cup track chosen by the tournament organizer.
- Each player will race once in each game and their times will be added.
- The 16 players with the shortest times will advance to the tournament bracket.
- Players in go head to head in single elimination VS brackets on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Tracks, class, and cup to be announced at the tournament.
- Seeding in the final tournament bracket is determined by the cumulative scores of the qualifying rounds. If ties exist and time permits, tie-breaker races will be used to finalize seeding.
- Each round of the bracket will consist of four cumulative races, and after the fourth race the top player will advance to the next stage of the bracket and the bottom will be eliminated.
Players of all ages are welcome - just recognize that this is an environment where alcohol is served and we don't tolerate excessive smack talk. Basically: be cool and have some fun playing games.